Thursday, August 2, 2018

180802

Thursday 180802
Marathon Row
For time:
Row 42,195 meters

Subbed:
Bike: 52.40 miles (marathon x 2)
Time: 3:14:17, 16.2 mph avg.
Elevation Gain: 2880 ft

The Marathon Row is one of my favorite workouts and I have done this every year for the past seven years as part of the Concept2 Global Marathon challenge with a range of experiences from a PR of 2:56:34.5 which would have been good enough for 23rd place at the games to going out too fast and bonking hard for a painful finish of 3:23:37.4.

I was excited to see this workout in the Games and even more excited to have the opportunity to see it in person. My heart went out to Alessandra Pichelli as she struggled to finish because I have been in the same boat. Her effort almost inspired me to give the Marathon Row a go but indoor rowing is a winter sport and it was just too nice outside not to take advantage of it so I did a double marathon on the bike instead. I rode down into the Mississippi River Valley and back and finished the last four miles or so Crit-style on the paved 600m loop at Mound View Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment