Friday, October 29, 2010

101029

Thursday 101028

Run 5K

Post time to comments.

Compare to 100728.

Time: 27:30 Ran outside on trail active recovery pace.

Took inspiration from this post, also celebrating my one year CrossFit anniversary:

"Today I ran for fun, and to reflect on the year that has passed since I started CrossFit. The trail I run on is the unique and beautiful arboretum trail on the campus of the University of Wisconsin, Green Bay. You can't find a better place to clear your head, while dodging mud puddles in some parts, and hoping an extra-pokey wood chip doesn't end up in your shoe. Today, I wasn't running to get a PR, to be disappointed in a time, or to end up in a quivering heap at the end. I ran because I have two feet that work, two eyes that see, two hands that swing, and lungs and a heart to make it all go.

Those two eyes have been opened, and CrossFit was the beginning of it. Opened to new exercise, new nutrition, new ideas, new people, new anger and new happiness. So much has been learned in one year, that my eyes tear up thinking about it, mainly because I am UPSET for allowing myself to be blind for so long. How could I have lived 40 years without knowing what a metcon was? How could I have one time thought a Pop Tart was good food? Why didn't I think for myself about so many, many things?"

last time 100527: 21:35

Warm-up:
20 GHD sit-ups, 20 back extensions with 25 pound plate, 15 pull-ups, 15 dips
20 GHD sit-ups, 20 back extensions with 25 pound plate, 15 pull-ups, 15 dips
20 GHD sit-ups, 20 back extensions with 25 pound plate, 15 pull-ups, 15 dips

No comments:

Post a Comment