Friday, January 21, 2011

110121

Basic Groundwork
Complete at least ten 10,000 meter pieces over one to two months, before you move on to longer training pieces. (January–February)

10k row: 41:54.4, 2:05.7/500m.

Planning to do the C2 Global Marathon Challenge in the first week of May. The Ultra-Distance CrossFit Endurance rowing tempo and time trial workouts seem inadequate for this task because they are disproportionately shorter than the corresponding run and bike workouts. I plan to mix in the C2 Marathon Programming with CrossFit Endurance interval workouts. I will follow the time and distance progression but not the overall volume.

My Goal is to complete the marathon in less than three hours, so I started off shooting for a 2:07.9/500m pace on my 10k just to get a sense for how that felt. I was able to gradually improve on that pace throughout my first 10k with plenty left for a sprint to the finish on the last 1000m averaging around 1:50/500m.

No comments:

Post a Comment